Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pike fishing

I found that the book was generally very informative. I have fished northerns extensively with a great variation of methods. I have a few suggestions for the next book. I think that the book didn't pay enough attention to live bait fishing. I believe that live bait needs to be covered more. I was particularly glad to see the dead bait section and all of the rigs for using both live and dead bait. (I always thought that it was interesting how a pike would hit a chub long after it died.) A second thing that I believe would further enhance the completeness of the book is to inform the readers how to catch how to catch monster pike in the canadian north during the SUMMER and not just the spring. I have found that during this period fishing techniques differ greatly. Other than that I found the book to be an exellent resource and tool to use both as a beginner and an advanced fisherman.
Discover the pro secrets for catching more and bigger pike.
Reverently called the Water Wolf, the northern pike is one of the most exciting freshwater game fish, because it fiercely strikes lures like it hasn't eaten in weeks. These ferocious predators can reach over 4 feet in length and weigh in excess of 40 pounds. The hard-hitting pike ranges from New England through the northern plains to the Rocky Mountains, and all across Canada.
In this expertly written book, pro angler Jack Penny describes how to prepare for unforgettable adventures in fishing for, and catching, trophy pike. He covers tackle and equipment, lures and baits, pike behavior, fishing strategies by season, biology, weather conditions, and techniques for safely releasing fish—and for keeping a few “eaters” for dinner. This must-read book includes all the information a beginner needs, plus valuable tips and techniques for the more experienced angler.
How to catch pike

No comments:

Post a Comment